New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

antiqucycl
Pro-Biker

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  09:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way back had a 71 DT1E in 1972. Super dependable, burnt orange. One problem was leaded gasoline causing the plug to misfire at top rpms. Had to change plugs often. old records show I had second one that must have been a disaster case.
Fast forward to 1999. bought a honda cl 100. still isn't running from a compression problem. Stop at a garage sale, nothing I wanted. Lady says what are you looking for, I say old motorcycles. She says look in the barn.
There it is, under hay, covered with pigeon doo. motor locked. She said she bought it new. brother took it out and dumped it a few times and it sat there since 1976. kind of filthy, sorry looking but all there. 1974 GT1A 80. 672 miles. I said what is the least you will take?
she finally says $25. She goes in the house and gets the keys, title, original bill of sale from the Yam shop, tool kit, warranty card, owners manual in the baggie with yamaha on it.

Well, now there are 26 yam enduros lurking in my garage, storage barn, mom's garage. along with 2 ty250's, a CS5, 7 small hondas, 4 hodakas. a bultaco matador, beta premier, and a beezer hulk.
I paid an average of $69 for the bikes. And a mountain of spare parts.

Yamaha

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  10:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man...I WISH!
Down here that's about as likely as getting hit by lightning during a heavy snowstorm (Miami Florida).

When luck like that falls on you, you feel almost like you hit the lotto..a least 4 out of 6 anyway
Go to Top of Page

rickyukon
Mini Enduro

56 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  23:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have a Bultaco!!!!

My collection of Bultaco wisdom:

"Cowboys ride broncos, but it takes a loco to ride the Bull."

"When you ride the bull, be sure to bring along a six-pack of pistons."

"What's a Bultaco? Imagine a tiny little bicycle that was stolen out of a Spanish lady's Hacienda, and then imagine the thief shoved a 250cc engine into it."

"A Bultaco is the only bike that make Harley Riders feel inadequate."

To these bits and pieces I've collected over the years, I add my own ...

It brings the term "undependable" to a brand new place. It has no problem breaking down the day after you rebuild it. So to the product of Franco's degenrate loins, I say "Salude."
Go to Top of Page

jjgres
Mini Enduro

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  21:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine had a Bultaco. We could push start it backwards and it woud run reverse rotation. Never could ride it very far that way but it was fun trying.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

antiqucycl
Pro-Biker

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  21:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now I have 2 bultacos, the matador that will start, but the carb slide stick and its running 8000 rpm.
this spring, someone gave me a Pursang Mark VIII, 360 cc, that will run someday. the motor was locked from the rings rusting. thats fixed. Its just expensive to "restore". I have only seen two Bul's at auctions and both sold for way more than they should. there are no tacos sitting in junkyards. The matador did come from an auto swapmeent. Then there is a harley hummer awaiting me to let the moths out of my wallet.
Go to Top of Page

dbroxson
Mini Enduro

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  13:16:54  Show Profile  Send dbroxson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Antique... Let me know if you ever want to get rid of the Matador.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be thinning the herd...

Let me know anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don
2 wheeled project collector
Falls Church, Virginia

Edited by - dbroxson on 10/12/2006 13:17:30
Go to Top of Page

jjgres
Mini Enduro

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  20:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Bultaco (alpina?) or Ossa Pioneer were on my short list along with the RT1. The Yam is as cool and much easier to find parts for. Autolube is a huge help when traveling.

Still want to own a Buffalo, Rd 350, Ducati 860 ( non-desmo/weird styled one), Trident (old one), before I die.

Storage is the problem here in the flooded every year Keys.

Joe

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Yamaha Enduro Forum © 2000-07 MicroWorks Go To Top Of Page