Early AT1 or CT1 Seat Pan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  22:27:37  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi. I finally tore my seat apart on my '70 AT1 to install the new cover, and it is really badly rusted. Seemed solid, but the old cover was giving it some stability

I don't need foam, just a good, sound pan. Rust is ok, as long as it is solid and can be restored.

If you have something, either post a pic or PM me.

Thanks!

Gary

1970 AT1 125
1975 DT400

If Guns kill people, the I guess that Pencils must be responsible for misspelling.

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  00:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a very nice base off a 1971 model .... difference being the 71 had a prop rod to hold the seat open, whereas the 69/70 has a strap.

- EN

" A wise man knows he isn't "
Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  01:55:58  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It seems per Zedder, that the seats are all the same for 69-71. How much would you need to be convinced to part with it? I have good foam and a nice cover. My base may be salvageable by a really good metalworker, but if you would be willing to sell, I am interested!

Can you post how much you need for it, plus shipping to washington, 98632? If you'd rather e-mail, please feel free to at makotosun@cport.com

Thanks in advance.

Gary

1970 AT1 125
1975 DT400

If Guns kill people, the I guess that Pencils must be responsible for misspelling.

Edited by - makotosun on 09/10/2006 14:34:19
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  11:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not all that attached to this seat base!
Send $10.00 to cover shipping and I will gladly donate.

I will email you my mailing address.

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  14:14:18  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
SOLD! Thank you so much - I think I will paint a few other things while I have the seat off and am recovering it. Not the full restore yet, just a bit of a clean-up.

Is a check OK? or I can send cash in that small of an amount.

Thanks again!

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  14:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever's easiest for you!

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey EN - I am still awaiting your mailing address so I can forward funds for the seat pan. Please advise so I can get it off in the mail to you! Gary

PS - I tried e-mailing, but got no answer from you - maybe the system online is not working?

Thanks

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  18:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mako .... I already sent the info back when I suggested I would, will try again now. Please double check the email link you have posted above to make sure it's right ... that is what I am using.

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  19:27:17  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
odd - it came through this time. I have been watching like a hawk, but sometimes my e-mail provider can screen out some stuff. I will forward paypal tonight as that is a lot faster. I will send a bit extra to cover the paypal costs!

I really, really appreciate this!

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  19:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Mako .... It's boxed up and ready to ship out (tomorrow 9/14) via Priority Mail to your PO Box. Might arrive by this Sat., ... Monday at the latest.

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  19:36:58  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to get the seat done and the NOS badges on it

Thank you again!

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  19:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have a NOS "Genuine Yamaha" seat cover if needed, but that is going to cost you!

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  19:02:05  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi EN - I got the seat pan day yesterday and spent about an hour cleaning it up, prepping for paint. It is really nice. Most of the rust scale was superficial, and the metal underneath seems solid. I gave it a dusting of zinc coating before I prime and paint it so Hopefully it will outlast the rest of the bike.

Thanks for the offer on the NOS seatcover, but I have a really nice repro that has been waiting to sit down for over a year! After painting it will finally have a home.

Thanks again.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  00:21:07  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well - I got the pan from EN - cleaned it up a bit, then zinc painted the bare metal, a layer of etching primer, followed by a coat of hammerite on the INSIDE, then a coat of Gloss black on both inside and outside. Cleaned up the foam, and installed the RePop cover I got from NW Vintage. I also soaked the rubber pads in armor all overnight to rejuvenate them. I think the result is going to make the rest of my project move up a notch or two....

Thanks EN for making my life a bit easier and adding a new level of quality to my bike!

Edited by - makotosun on 10/01/2006 00:21:46
Go to Top of Page

Enduronut
Pro-Biker

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  00:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow ... that turned out great Gary!

That repro seat cover is the best quality I've ever seen for the AT1/CT1 models.

- EN

Go to Top of Page

makotosun
Pro-Biker

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  23:06:22  Show Profile  Click to see makotosun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If anyone needs one of the RePop seat covers like is pictured above, here is a link to the seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-69-71-AT1-CT1-Seat-Cover-NEW-repop_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35581QQihZ002QQitemZ4642816457QQtcZphoto
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Yamaha Enduro Forum © 2000-07 MicroWorks Go To Top Of Page